[Zope] Permissions and adding products

David Sumner david at dragontail.com
Mon Dec 29 21:33:48 EST 2003

Hello,
I have created a ZClass based product that represents an admission
application for college. I need to allow anonymous visitors to add
applications to a folder. The folder has view restricted to
authenticated users in the Admissions role. I am using a script, code
following:

id = DateTime.DateTime('US/Central').strftime("%m-%d-%y_%H-%M-%S")
request.set('id', id)
request.set('title', '%s, %s %s' % (request['personal_last_name'],
request['personal_first_name'], request['personal_middle_name']))
request.set('file', '')

new_app =
container.admissions.applications.new.manage_addProduct['applications'].
admission_add(request)

I have a form posting to the script above and it is basically filling in
the holes and call the manage_addProduct on the appropriate folder. The
problem I am having is that after submitting the form that posts to the
script above I am prompted for authentication. What do I have to do to
make this work anonymously?