[Zope] Hardware for Zope + ZEO

Mario Valente mvalente@ruido-visual.pt
Mon, 03 Feb 2003 15:20:25 +0000

At 15:36 31-01-2003 +0900, Wankyu Choi wrote:
> [...]

  The ZODB is an object-oriented database. It should be used to store
 object oriented data (especially data that depens on hierarchical relations
 and on inheritance). The ZODB shouldnt be used to store structured tabular
 data; for that you should use a relational database management system.

  Its just a question of using the right tools for the problem. I wouldn store
 binary files neither in the ZODB or in a relational database; likewise I
wouldnt
 put text files/fields either into the ZODB or a relational database
(altough in
 Zope, using ZCatalog or NGTextIndex to index text, it wouldnt be so bad).

  C U!

  -- Mario Valente