[Zope] linux/unix Apache Zope version recommendations

Robert Allyn rallyn@AllynConsulting.com
Mon, 03 Feb 2003 11:00:18 -0800

Hello,

I am looking at setting up a Dell PIII server for a 10 person non-profit.  It will act as email and website host, and probably run mySQL.  They have Mac and Windows clients.  I want to utilize existing content in static HTML and migrate/add new content in Zope.  It is very low volume at this point.  I am no expert in Zope or Linux/unix but probably know enough to be dangerous. :-)

I want to select a linux/unix version that works well with Apache/Zope.  Recommendations?

Apache 1.X or 2.X?

I don't have a lot of time to invest in it, so I am looking for best compatibility, least hassles/work-arounds.

Any info/opinions appreciated.

- Robert