[Zope] newbie -after installation

Fraser Campbell fraser@wehave.net
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 20:21:47 -0500

zerkani_user_List wrote:
> I recently installad zope 2.5.1 on a debian machine and everything went
> well. I proved tid and passwod to zope duriing the installation. process as
> it asked.
>
> After the installation ,I successfuly accessed the zope through browser,
> but When I clicked on the "Zope Management Interface" page, and  input  the
> same id and passowrd which I provided during the installation, but it did
> not accept my id and password. I am not sure what went wrong and where to
> go from here.  Can anyone help and point me to the right direction.

I was in the same situation myself a few days ago.  I'm not sure if the Deian
installer scripts screwed it up or if I just forgot the password.  I am using
the unstable Debian distribution and zope package version 2.5.1-2.7

You can reset the password by running this command as root:

  zope-zpasswd  -u Admin -p xxxxxx /var/lib/zope/access

My emergency user was Admin, I suppose the emergency username can be changed,
if so just look at that file to verify the username that you have.

Hope this helps,

Fraser