[Zope] newbie question - variables?

AM list_subscriber@neurobs.com
Tue, 04 Feb 2003 17:10:40 -0800

jonatan wrote:

>On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 17:01, AM wrote:
>

>>page 2 if viewed in both cases should give a key error because var1 or
>>var2 are not in its namespace. but both the approaches should work when
>>viewing page1 ( I just tested that ).
>>

>in the second case, i passed var2, so why shouldn't it work? :)

what I meant was that if page2 is viewed as is, then you would get an
error because there is no definition of var1/2 on page two, but when you
view page1 which has page2 embedded in it, there shouldnt be any errors.

>btw, if i call z sql functions this way:
>
><dtml-call expr="REQUEST.set('param1','1st parameter')">
><dtml-call expr="REQUEST.set('param2','2nd parameter')">
><dtml-call sqlDoSomething>

ideally it should.

>then it works, and if i was calling a dtml method instead of an sql one,
>then it doesnt.
>
>is this the way it should go?
>
>if this is, how can i access parent's namespace (values set by
>REQUEST.set, etc) ?
>

>>Could you please provide the error traceback, which should be on the
>>page if you are running 2.5.x or in the error_log if you are running 2.6
>>

>i got confused now. :) so whats the normal behaviour?
>
>which traceback should i post? the first or second one? page1 or page2?

whereever you get the key error... the key error should not appear for
page1 and on page 2 there should be an attribute error. so whereever you
get a KEY error just include that

hth
AM