[Zope] Apache and zope

Tiller, Michael (M.M.) mtiller@ford.com
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 09:20:34 -0500

I a newbie and using ideas like the ones on that web page, my attempts =
at redirection have not been very successful.  Perhaps somebody can =
point out what I'm doing wrong?

What I have found is that you can setup redirection with your web =
server.  But the problem is that Zope sometimes uses absolute links =
which cause problems.  For example, lets say I have =
http://www.abc.foo/new-site redirected to http://www.xyz.foo:8080.  I =
made a SiteRoot at the toplevel of my Zope site, but I still be =
problems because Zope generates HTML that includes references like =
"/misc_/..." or "/p_/..." or "/manage_zmi_logout".  As a result, the =
browser looks for http://www.abc.foo/manage_zmi_logout but =
http://www.abc.foo isn't a Zope site (likewise for "/misc_" and "/p_").

The article you mention doesn't cover these details.  So my question =
is:

a) Am I doing something stupid (quite possible)?!?
b) If not, what is the exhaustive list of things I need to have special =
redirection rules for and/or
c) Why isn't Zope smarter about this?!?

Like I said, I'm a newbie and I've been trying to find information on =
this but I haven't been successful.  If somebody can just point me to =
the right resource, that might help me a lot.

--
Mike