[Zope] Newbie: Creating PDF Documents on the fly in Zope

Ashley Lloyd ashleylloyd@hotmail.com
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 09:29:22 +0000

I have a few pages in Zope generating info gained from an Interbase DB. The
pages are fine, except we also want a user to be able to click a button on
these pages and generate a PDF document for printing, looking pretty much
the same but with all the necessary page breaks and associated
headers/footers.

I have looked around, and there are a couple of products that look
promising, mostly so PIDDLE.

Being a complete newbie to Zope, though, I really don't know where to start
with it. I read that SPING was a product designed for such things, and
extracted that into products. It appears as a product in Zope, but it is
basically empty. There don't appear to be any documents designed for idiots,
so I'm hoping someone out there can help me .. ?!?

Info on the Zope version I'm running:

Zope Version  (Zope 2.5.1 (binary release, python 2.1, win32-x86), python
2.1.3, win32)
Python Version  2.1.3 (#35, Apr 8 2002, 17:47:50) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)]
System Platform  win32

TIA
Ashley

http://messenger.msn.co.uk