[Zope] Weird but minor zsyncer or zope bug

Charlie Reiman creiman@kefta.com
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 12:49:43 -0800

I just noticed when I first visit a zsyncer page (zope 2.6.0, Mozilla
1.2.1), the stylesheet is missing. After performing an action
(delete/sync/etc), it appears in the next page load.

I've looked at the HTML output and it appears that something is actually
removing the stylesheet link. The sync.dtml file looks like this:

<HTML lang="en">
 <HEAD>
  <TITLE>View ZSyncer</TITLE>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/manage_page_style.css">

 </HEAD>

The buggy view looks like this:

	<head>
		<title>View ZSyncer</title>
	</head>

And the non-buggy output like this:

	<head>
		<title>View ZSyncer</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/manage_page_style.css">

	</head>

The tag downcasing appears to be a mozilla byproduct, but the missing link
appears to be a zope action as the same behavior happens in IE6. Is zope
rewriting the head section in any way beyond the <base> tag magic? The DTML
doesn't have any logic at that point so I can't imagine why it would
disappear.