[Zope] question re: HTTP 500 in MSIE

Boyd, Robert, CTR, OSD-PA&E Robert.H.Boyd@osd.mil
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 18:02:10 -0500

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

Hello,

First off, I know this is in the collector, number 382, but I'm wondering
what others' experience is.  I was using 2.5.1 and had a site using
exUserFolder for authentication (pgAuth), and had no problems in Internet
Explorer, even with IE option to 'Show friendly error messages'.  As soon as
I tried to migrate my site to Zope 2.6.1b2, I started getting the IE error
message 500.  The submitter of issue # 382 says the bug was seen in 2.4, so
I'm wondering why no bug in 2.5.1 but now it's buggy in 2.6.1?  Diffing
HTTPResponse.py doesn't show anything that looks significant to me.

I don't really like the option to edit HTTPResponse.py to return '200'
instead of '500', but are others running into this and solving the problem
this way?

Thanks,
Rob Boyd