[Zope] Having problems with the umlauts in Zope 2.6.0

Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:56:16 +0000

On Friday 07 February 2003 10:02 am, Andreas Jung wrote:
> --On Freitag, 7. Februar 2003 10:48 +0100 Josef Meile <jmeile@hotmail.com>

> > in Zope 2.5.1 everything worked perfect. I stored texts in the string
> > properties
> > of my ZClasses with the special german characters (=E4,=F6,=FC) and the=
re
> > weren't problems.

Try 2.6.1 beta 1. A number of these problems have been resolved.

> > Today I realized that when I tried to do it with my new Zope (2.6.0), it
> > refuses to accept them. I look in the list and found that I could use:
> >
> > import sys
> > sys.setdefaultencoding("latin-1")

That is dumb advice. sys.setdefaultencoding is a hack left over from python=
's=20
early unicode development and is likely to be removed in a future version.

=2D-=20
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson