[Zope] Reducing Zope Memory Usage

george donnelly list@zettai.net
Fri, 07 Feb 2003 08:46:09 -0500

[Bo M. Maryniuck wrote (b.maryniuk@forbis.lt) on 2/7/03 4:18 AM]

> On Friday 07 February 2003 03:48, george donnelly wrote:
>> 3. restart zope regularly (occasional brief (60-120 seconds) downtime as
>> Zope and ZEO restart)
>
> You sure you want to do this on production server for serious critical-missing
> web-applications? Or you mean "regularly" is when you do it during night and
> only when NO users logged in?

Its definitely not an ideal solution but given the small memory limit he
has, it is a strategy that he should consider. (I used to have an account
with the same ISP so I've gone through this whole memory-use-reduction
dance.)

<-->
george donnelly - http://zettai.net/ - "We Love Newbies" :)
Zope Hosting - Dynamic Website Design - Search Engine Promotion
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet - ICQ: 51907738 - e:george@zettai.net