[Zope] Packing Problems

george donnelly list@zettai.net
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 12:32:49 -0500

[beno wrote (zope@thewebsons.com) on 2/10/03 11:32 AM]

> Well, sure enough, for some reason var was owned by root while the rest of
> the installation was owned by the user I set up. I chowned it all to said
> user, but it still doesn't work. I set the sticky bit for the var dir so
> that its permissions are:
> drwsrwsr-t
> Still no go. More ideas?

clarification: if you are running zope with a dedicated user (not root or
nobody) the sticky bit should not be necessary.

i run my instances with /var chmod 755. and once you get the perms and
ownership as you want, you might need to restart zope (as the dedicated
user).

<-->
george donnelly - http://zettai.net/ - "We Love Newbies" :)
Zope Hosting - Dynamic Website Design - Search Engine Promotion
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet - ICQ: 51907738 - e:george@zettai.net