[Zope] zope in production environments

AM list_subscriber@neurobs.com
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:32:03 -0800

Hi,

After having to go through the process of setting up a couple of
production servers using zope, I had a suggestion for some documentation
regarding the abovementioned topic. Although there are lots of how-tos,
documents and other resources regarding setting up zope in a production
environment, they are spread out over a very large area. The members of
this list are extremely helpful and do point ppl in the right direction
as & when the need arises, but i would definitely like a central
repository of such material presented in an organized manner (something
like a chapter in the zope book).

IMHO the questions it should address ( pls keep in mind there are
resources answering these questions on the web - just not in one place )

1. how to justify it all.

2. hardware consideration with explanations as to what and why (
possibly some recommendations/experience/reports - in my experience
managers/clients seem to like those things ),  especially in enterprise
scale environments with clusters, NAS' etc. ( some performance reports
would also be great )

3. configuration options and gotchas explaining why and how

4. performace tweaking etc.

I dont think I have covered all I would like to see, but this would be a
great start.

Thanks,
AM

 Aseem Mohanty
 Neurobehavioral Systems Inc, 828 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
 (R) 510 7696011 (M) 510 3014871 (O) 510 5279231
 "I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and
  stopped right there!!"                        -- Steve Gonedes