[Zope] Corrupt Data.fs after using version

Stefan Loidl Stefan.Loidl@lrz-muenchen.de
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 12:47:42 +0100

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> Stefan Loidl wrote:
>
>> I'm just using one version, and I'm just adding a few chars in a
>> DTML Document and then I save the version.
>

> "Save the version"? Do you mean that you commit the changes made in the
> version? Because then you definitely shouldn't get that error.

I commit the changes by pressing the 'Save' button in the Save/Discard tab.

> The version handling basically sucks, so I never use it. But try to make
>  a detailed description of your actions and post it here together with
> tracebacks of the errors you get, and maybe somebody better on how
> version work than me can help you. :)

The actions are (and there are no other users working on this Zope
installation):
- I do a fsrecover.py on my Data.fs to test whether there are
   errors. Result: no errors
- I start working in my version.
- I edit a DTML Document and add the string 'Test' somewhere.
- I commit the changes by pressing the 'Save' button.
- I quit working in my version.
- I do a fsrecover.py on my Data.fs again: Result:
ZODB.POSException.VersionLockError: ("'\\x00\\x00\\x00\\x00\\x00\\x000\\xa4'",
'/Test/Test Version')

At this point I do not get an error using the ZMI or using my application.
But I think that these errors accumulate over time and eventually my
Data.fs is really corrupt (as it has happened two times so far).

Stefan