[Zope] Using Zope for documentation

Asad Quraishi aquraishi@skyesystems.com
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:30:22 -0500

Yes, Zope can do this quite well.

First let me say a few things.  Plone is a Zope product which allows you
to have out-of-the-box portal functionality with document publishing
workflows.  The workflows allow your users to create content with no
technical knowledge.  They will then submit this for publishing which
will then be reviewed by a reviwer for approval.  Once approved it is
published to all users.  You will find the documentation for Plone here:
http://plone.org/documentation/book/

I am using Plone running on Zope for the portal and am currently in the
process of setting up documentation that will work like the above plone
docs.  Setting up Plone was relatively easy although I am as yet
unsuccessful with the documentation product but am sure that, with help,
it will be done.

Cheers.

- Asad