[Zope] Sizing a zope server

Fraser Campbell fraser@wehave.net
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:02:30 -0500

On February 13, 2003 01:45 pm, Matt Burleigh wrote:

> Zope is not a speed demon. You would fair better by putting Squid in
> front of Zope.

Can you get the same advantages with apache/mod_proxy as you would with squid
or is squid just your preferred frontend?  Apache gives me lots of other
things and I'll no doubt run at least a few non-zope sites.

> I have seen 17GB data.fs's with no appreciate able degradation. It is
> wise to keep it smaller than this.  Make sure Python and the OS is
> compatible with going over the 2GB limit. Python requires compile-time
> configuration parameters to allow it to handle files over 2GB.

Yup, I'll look into that.  The platform will be the latest stable version of
Debian Linux (Linux kernel 2.4) on intel hardware.  I'm 99% sure that the 2.4
kernel is fine with large files but I will definitely be keeping it in mind.

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser@wehave.net>                     http://wehave.net/
Brampton, Ontario, Canada                        Linux 2.4.20 AuthenticAMD