[Zope] Site Access Rule does not work with dtml methods in 2.6.1

Tom Cameron tom@mooball.com
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:13:20 +1000

I have a product (called PathMapper) that I wrote for a couple of clients.
It is subclassed off the dtml method and is used to redirect requests to
different paths.

It makes use of the Site Access Rule and has been working find for over a
year now on 2.4.x and 2.5.x Zope sites.

The other day I upgraded to 2.6.1 and the product did not work. I then did
some testing and found out that in 2.6.1 you get locked out of the entire
folder if you set the Site Access Rule on a dtml method.

If you set it on a python script it works fine, but not on a dtml method.

Is this intended behaviour or is this a bug?

Tom