[Zope] Zope dies after a few seconds

Gerhard Venter loper@ananzi.co.za
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:41:28 +0200

Thanks.  I was not aware of fstest.py, but tried it and it
reported no problems.  So the problem must be related to
how Plone was upgraded.  The log file is a web access log
and does not show service or database events.  The warn and
messages logs also contain nothing.
Btw, the machine was on Plone RC2 not RC1.   Any more
suggestions welcome.
Gerhard

wrote:

>>When I start Zope it runs for a few seconds and then the
>>process goes dead.
>

>What do the logs say?
>
>> This happened after I installed the 1.0
>>version of Plone (replacing RC1).  Before doing this I
>>backed up the /zope/var folder (but while Zope was
running
>>-not sure if that was wrong).  Since I previously
restarted
>>Zope, I also changed the host name of the machine, and a
>>few things relating to mail.  I'm not sure what other
>>changes my colleagues may have made.
>>To fix the problem, I truncated the database as described
>>in http://www.zope.org/Members/itamar/CorruptedZODB until
>>it was reduced from 56 MB to 7 MB to no avail.
>

>are you just guessing that the database is corrupted?
>did you run utilities/ZODBTools/fstest.py?

Gerhard Venter
www.tobintax.org.uk

==
Download ringtones, logos and picture messages at Ananzi Mobile Fun.
http://www.ananzi.co.za/cgi-bin/goto.pl?mobile