[Zope] Antivirus

Fraser Campbell fraser@wehave.net
14 Feb 2003 06:22:53 -0500

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 17:14, Fraser Campbell wrote:

> > I would like to scan the documents uploaded by users onto my Zope/CMF
> > servers. My servers run on Linux behind Apache and a Linux firewall.
>
> We run sophos antivirus with amavis for scanning email.  The command line
> sophos utility is called sweep.  So long as there's a way to trigger the scan
> when files are uploaded it should be pretty trivial.  I'm not a zope expert
> yet so exactly how you would handle the zope side of things I'm not sure.
>
> There are many AV solutions that run on Linux besides Sophos; McAfee and RAV
> are the two I can think of right away.

I should add clamav is a completely free product if you're looking to
save a little bit of money ... http://clamav.elektrapro.com/

A few people have mentioned amavis, amavis is not a virus scanner, it is
a program that facilitates virus scanning of email.  Email needs to have
all the mime parts pulled out and scanned separately.  Amavis pulls
things apart and relies on a separate anti-virus program to actually
scan those parts.
--
Fraser Campbell <fraser@wehave.net>                http://wehave.net/
Brampton, Ontario, Canada                   Linux 2.4.20 AuthenticAMD