[Zope] Versions problem in 2.6.1

Tom Emerson tree@basistech.com
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:10:24 -0500

I am seeing a problem in Zope 2.6.1, freebsd4, Python 2.1.3 (with
thread patch) when using versions. I have modified objects that ZMI
thinks are locked (they show the red-diamond when I'm working in the
version, and the red-diamon / padlock when I'm not), even though I
saved those changes, with a comment, from the Version management
panel. Indeed, I cannot save the changes from the Version ZMI: it says
there are no unsaved versions. Yet Zope thinks there are unsaved
versions, as witnessed by the presence of the lock icon when I working
in the version. The Version undo panel shows my saved versions!
Evidently there is a disconnect here somewhere.

The my folder structure is:

/foo
  /bar
    Version Object
    /baz
      files with changes

Anyone have any suggestions? I would prefer not to undo the changes.

On a related question: can I work in a version without going through
the ZMI? In other words, if I want a to test the changes as if I were
coming in live from the outside, is that possible? Or must I go
through the ZMI and run the site from there?

TIA.

    -tree

Software Architect                                 http://www.basistech.com