[Zope] Re: Java re-invents DTML :-)

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 11:25:17 -0800

At 06:23 AM 2/14/2003, Kevin Carlson wrote:
>Come on folks.  There's nothing wrong with supporting two templating
>languages.  Quite honestly, dtml is much easier to learn for most and has
>it's place in application development -- just as ZPT does.

>DTML and ZPT both have a place in Zope.  Deciding which one to use should
>be left up to the individual.

Amen to that!  I use both and find different things to like about each.

The *real* villain here is the temptation to mix logic and
presentation.  Either approach will gracefully allow you to create
unmaintainable code.  Either approach will work well for those who show
some discipline in their design.

Let's spend more time encouraging good coding habits and less time blaming
our tools, can we?

Dylan