[Zope] Can't access id or title

Sean K getmejazzed@yahoo.com
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 00:09:04 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

When I add a dtml method to an instance of a product
that subclasses folder, any attempt to render the id
or title cuases the Authentication Failed msssage box
and delivers  a traceback like this:-

Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 150, in publish_module
 Module Zope.App.startup, line 182, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
 Module OFS.DTMLMethod, line 126, in __call__
 Module DocumentTemplate.DT_String, line 474, in
__call__
 Module OFS.DTMLMethod, line 119, in __call__
 Module DocumentTemplate.DT_String, line 474, in
__call__
Unauthorized: You are not allowed to access
title_or_id in this context (Also, an error occurred
while attempting to render the standard error
message.).

I have tried adding Implicit and SimpleItem to the
inheritence, this does not help (I didn't expect it to
  as folder inherits Item).

Rendering the id from a dtml method of the product
causes no pain. Of course a dtml document contained in
the product  also causes no problems.

So why the problem? No references to id or title and
the dtml-method renders fine.

Thanks in advance,

Sean Kemplay.