[Zope] Sizing a zope server

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 00:08:28 +0100

Chris Withers wrote at 2003-2-15 09:31 +0000:
 > Alan McIntyre wrote:
 > >
 > > I saw a statement in the _Zope Web Application Construction Kit_ book
 > > that said "...the ZODB is not suitable for storing large amounts of
 > > data."  I guess the meaning of "large amounts of data" depends on who
 > > you're talking to. :)
 >
 > That's just one of a number of sweeping statements in that rather pporly written
 > book that are toally inaccurate.

Things are changing over time....

  Up to some time ago, I, too, was advicing not to put
  large objects (like big files) into the ZODB.
  Having a huge monolitic file calls for non-trivial backup
  strategies.

  However, with the advent of "DirectoryStorage"; I think,
  I will put everything into the ZODB (what is not relational
  mass data).

Dieter