[Zope] How to use cookieless sessions with using classic HTML URL links?

Lubos Culen mirsoft@gmx.net
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 15:17:56 +0100

Hello, another (maybe newbie?) question:

I have developed pages with lot of absolute and relative links, which look
like classic HTML links (e.g. <a href="/path/to/file">File</a> or <a
href="file">File</a> etc.). Now I added the sessions using (user
login/registration) to these pages and want to hold the sessions also for
browsers which have disabled cookies. I noticed browser_id_manager is able
to do this, but I was able to do it only using absolute_url method written
inside each URL - which would mean that I would have to change all the
links in all my HTML scripts and modify all the link code, to be able to
transfer session data!

So the question is - is it possible to maintain sessions in non-cookie way
(through URL parameters), while the links in sources would have classic URL
format (<a href="file"> or <a href="/path/to/file"> etcc.) and Zope would
encode the URLs automatically?

Thanks,

Lubos.