[Zope] Having troubles using exUserFolder with Postgres

David Mitchell djmitchell@optushome.com.au
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:38:48 +1100

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to set up exUserFolder to authenticate against a Postgres database.
When I try to set it up, I keep getting this error:
    Error Type: NameError
    Error Value: global name 'MessageDialog' is not defined
immediately following the "Choose Authentication Type" screen.

Versions:
   Zope Version (Zope 2.6.0 (binary release, python 2.1, linux2-x86), python
2.1.3, linux2)
   Python Version 2.1.3 (#1, Sep 19 2002, 13:15:46) [GCC egcs-2.91.66
19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)]
and I'm downloading the latest exUserFolder 0.10.10.  I've tried downloading
it from both zope.org and sourceforge; the versions are identical, and both
are failing for me in an identical manner...  I'm using Postgres 7.3.1.

My Postgres DB is accessible from Zope, and the DB connection is configured at
the same level as I'm trying to install exUserFolder.  exUserFolder sees the
DB connection fine.

I've tried lots of different combinations of configuration settings
(Postgres/ZODB, with/without membership, etc.) and it's always failing for me
at the same point.

I've tried manually building the "passwd" and "userproperties" tables as per
the pgScheme.sql file, but that doesn't make any difference.

The Changes.txt file for exUserFolder describes what may be the same problem
as being fixed in version 0.10.9.  Thinking the fix may have somehow
disappeared from 0.10.10, I scrubbed 0.10.10 and installed 0.10.9 - problem
didn't change.

Has anyone else come across this problem?  Any suggestions what else to check?
For what it's worth, everything else Zope-ish (and otherwise) on this box is
working fine - it's just exUserFolder that's giving me problems.

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards

Dave Mitchell