[Zope] Synchronising user-folders on 2 installations

Marc Burgauer marc@sharedbase.com
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:11:23 +0000

Hi

Is there a way that I can automatically synchronise 2 user folders on 2
separate installations?

I am looking for something easy. I know I could go through LDAP or an
external SQL database. I haven't looked at these options now. I played with
OpenLDAP about a year ago and got frustrated. (Loads of crashes.) I do not
want to learn (yet) how to use an external SQL database with Zope. (Although
I have loads of experience with PostgreSQL, I am new to Zope and I try to
minimise my learning curve for now.)

Basically Site A is owned by customer A. on site B, I run sort of a service,
which is tied into the machine and used by many customers. Because of my
"sloppy" code the product/service is tied to its installation and for now I
can not copy the product across.

On site B, I want to have a "local" user folder, which is always updated,
when the root-level user folder of site A is changed.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Marc