[Zope] Re: Java re-invents DTML :-)

Fernando Martins fmartins@hetnet.nl
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 00:09:53 +0100

Hi,

I'm a newbie who adopted Zope only because of ZPT. I've been following this
discussion (as well as other readings) to see what DTML gives in addition to
ZPT.

Up to now, all I can see are the disadvantages you just pointed out. It has
been quite an investment to learn zpt, python, acquisition, libraries, etc.
Learning DTML just seems too much and so far I could not see the point of
it, other than for reusing what exists (which is not a technical argument
regarding DTML itself).

Regards,
Fernando