[Zope] How to get image from DTML Method - alias RAM Cache idea for ImageTag Hotfix

Jaroslav Lukesh lsh@wo.cz
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:52:43 -0000

Hi all,

I want to create DTML method to make RAM-caching of ImageTag Hotfix. I was
try to define cache engine into hotfix sources, but no success.

But I think that it could be possible to cache via DTML Document, because
here I could define properties which tell cache engine to cache object
(image object does not have this possibility at least at Zope 2.5.1/Win32).

So if I put binary result, not image name
(=picture.jpg/thumb?width=300&height=180) of that mkthumb DTML Method:

	<dtml-var mkthumbpicid>/thumb?width=300&height=180

called as

http://localhost:8080/mkthumb?mkthumbpicid=picture.jpg

and if mkthumb method is RAM-Cached, then image tag hotfix is cached via
this

	Names from the DTML namespace to use as cache keys: id width height

option at cache tab.

So all that missing me for hapinness is to know what to get binary (if
content type will does not problem for Zope) from DTML Method.

If I am wrong and RAM caching of ImageTag Hotfix is simpler than I imagine,
I am sorry. Would you like to point me, please?

Many thanks, J. Lukesh