[Zope] PageTemplate calls absolute_url / Error getPhysicalPath

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 21:10:31 +0100

volker.wend@efgbsh.de wrote at 2003-2-19 15:33 +0100:
 > I get an Error getPhysicalPath not available when I call absolute_url. The
 > Object is a Neoboard. What can I do ?
 >     (Object: absolute_url)
 >   File C:\Program Files\Zope\lib\python\OFS\Traversable.py, line 37, in
 > absolute_url
 >     (Object: Allgemeines)
 >   File C:\Program Files\Zope\lib\python\OFS\Traversable.py, line 64, in
 > getPhysicalPath
 >     (Object: Allgemeines)
 > AttributeError: getPhysicalPath

The acqusition chain is broken:

  It contains an object which does not have the "getPhysicalPath"
  attribute. This should not happen ....

The easiest way to find out what went wrong would be debugging.
We made good experience with WingIDE.
A more stoneage approach would be to use "pdb".
Please consult the "Debugging Zope" HowTos.

Dieter