[Zope] exUserFolder [Error: 'MessageDialog' is not defined] (solution)

Tor Houghton torh@bogus.net
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 23:03:43 +0100

Hi,

I didn't see a posted solution to this problem in the lists, so I thought
I'd give my 2 cents.

The documentation,

        http://www.zope.org/Members/TheJester/exUserFolder/UnenlightenedZopistasGuideToXUF

is perhaps a little unclear on one issue, namely the placement of the
exUserFolder object. The documentation states that

        "5.3.1

        Place the user folder one level *above* the folder you want
        to protect, that is in the unprotected area. Everything should
        work fine."

To many people, the root folder (/) may contain the folders you want to
protect. If the "acl_users" folder (default Zope folder when you install
Zope) exists, the installation of an exUserFolder will fail (with the
"cryptic" MessageDialog error message).

In short, to fix this, create your main site to be in a sub folder of
"root" (e.g. 'main') without a user folder, then add your exUserFolder
here.

(Perhaps this is common knowledge, but as I said, I didn't see this answered
in the list archive.)

Regards,

Tor Houghton