[Zope] Mailhost strangeness

Kevin Carlson khcarlso@bellsouth.net
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:57:29 -0500

At seeming random times, a Mailhost object becomes corrupted and does
not allow the sending of mail.  I get an error that states "integer
expected" -- see full traceback below.  According to the source code it
looks like the port number is becoming corrupted.  To solve the problem,
all I have to do is open the Mailhost object and save it.  Strange.

I am using Zope 2.6.0 with Python 2.1.3 and was wondering if anyone else
has seen this behavior or has any ideas as to what could cause this.

Thanks,

Kevin

<Partial Traceback>

    * ....Module Script (Python), line 131, in sendDocNotifications
      *<PythonScript at /NPR/CEW/sendDocNotifications>*
      *Line 131*
    * Module Products.MailHost.MailHost, line 125, in send
    * Module Products.MailHost.MailHost, line 144, in _send
    * Module smtplib, line 187, in __init__
    * Module smtplib, line 222, in connect

      TypeError: an integer is required

</Partial Traceback>