[Zope] Obtaining the name of the authenticated user from within a product's source code

Igor Leturia IGOR@emun.com
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 19:32:54 +0100

  Hi!

  I'm writing a product and I need to obtain the name of the
authenticated user to use it in the source code of the product. I pass
the REQUEST parameter to the product's method and I try to use
REQUEST['AUTHENTICATED_USER'] inside it but it says that the property
doesn't exist (which is true, because I've inspected the REQUEST object
and it has all the 'normal' properties (HTTP_USER_AGENT,URL...) but it
doesn't have that property). But if I try to access
REQUEST['AUTHENTICATED_USER'] from within a DTMLMethod, it works. Why
does this happen?

  Thanks in advance,

				Igor Leturia