[Zope] how to remove :8080?

Kamal Gill gill@library.ucsf.edu
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:39:50 -0800

If you wish to remove :8080 without using VHM, absolute_url(1) will=20
give you a relative url (i.e. webpages/index_html instead of=20
http://localhost.com:8080/webpages/index_html).  Just remember to add=20
the leading slash to make the path absolute.  This works, for example,=20=

in generating breadcrumbs and a site map automatically via python=20
scripts.
See page=20
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/AppendixB.stx=20=

(listed under module ObjectManagerItem) for usage.

Since absolute_url(1) will not work for search results, you must use=20
the getpath() method to return relative urls in ZCatalog search results.
See page=20
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/AppendixB.stx=20=

(listed under module ZCatalog) for usage.

  - Kamal