[Zope] ZClass inheritance problem

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 22:11:08 +0100

Josef Meile wrote at 2003-2-20 11:00 +0100:
 > I have a main class called JobOfferClass and three
 > child classes InternshipClass, FullTimeJobClass, and
 > TemporalJobClass. When I changed the "view" method
 > in the parent class, the child classes continued using
 > the old view class. I restarted Zope and erased my browser's
 > cache, but it didn't work. So, I just copied the view method
 > in one of the children and it worked.

Are the base class and derive classes in the same product?

There are known issues (with respect to import/export) when
they are in different products.

 > Does the child ZClasses store a copy of the parent class when
 > created or it's a bug? Had somebody else seen this behavior?

Sounds like a bug where the derived classes share one copy of the method
different from that of the base class.

I have no idea how this can happen...

Dieter