[Zope] Setting the password of an unauthenticated user

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 22:13:31 +0100

Asad Habib wrote at 2003-2-20 08:09 -0500:
 > Hello. I am trying to assign a new password to a Zope user who has not
 > authenticated(this would be the case if a user forgot his/her password and
 > the administrator would have to email them a new one). Is there any way to
 > do this? There is a function in User.py called _getpassword but it is not
 > implemented. Also, there are other functions in this module that would do
 > the good as well but they aren't implemented also. Any help would be
 > greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You asked this already and got several responses...

  *  see how CMF does it...

  *  use "manage_users" to update user information

Your main problem, however, is that you probably can not trust
your anonymous user. If you do not take great care, he is able
to get the passwords of unrelated people changed....

Dieter