[Zope] Creating an e-mail interface for issue tracker...

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 14:56:23 -0800

At 02:36 PM 2/20/2003, Meehan, Francois wrote:
>Issue Tracker has a form called "QuickAddIssue", that only has 3 entry
>fields, so to simulate an entry, from a browser I should be able to do the
>following:
>
>http://myserver.mydomain.com/zope/helpdesk2/QuickAddIssue?title=test33&descr
>iption=test33&sections=General
>

>and I should get an issue generated right?

I don't use the Issue Tracker product, so I really couldn't say for sure.

What I can tell you is that your URL should work if those three parameters
are handled by REQUEST variables in the QuickAddIssue method.  What you
said, though, is that QuickAddIssue has three "fields" which leads me to
wonder if QuickAddIssue is the data entry form.  You'll want to provide
these arguments to the method that *handles* the form to get the desired
outcome.  Depending on how the method is implemented, you may need to use
POST instead of GET.

But, as I said, I don't use this product so I couldn't say for sure if
you're using the right method or not.  If QuickAddIssue isn't the correct
target, its source should tell you what the correct target is.

Anyone with more specific knowledge of Issue Tracker care to jump in here?

Dylan