[Zope] Apache

george donnelly list@zettai.net
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 14:28:22 -0500

[lists@techmx.com wrote (lists@techmx.com) on 2/23/03 8:46 PM]

> But zope's webserver isn't scalable like apache, is it?

I think most people would say no, but it really depends. I've seen some
numbers that show zope is faster than Apache at rendering dynamic content,
which is what its good at it. Of course Apache excels at serving static
content; much better than Zope at this.

This is why Andreas suggested you run it behind Apache or Squid. Using one
of these you can selectively cache Zope's output, thereby enabling Zope to
handle more requests than it would be able to alone.

There are lots of howtos on how to do this. Have fun. :)

<-->
george donnelly - http://zettai.net/ - "We Love Newbies" :)
Zope Hosting - Dynamic Website Design - Search Engine Promotion
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet - ICQ: 51907738 - e:george@zettai.net