[Zope] SSO, Authentication & 3rd party portals

John Wubbel john.wubbel@pediatricnetwork.com
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 23:20:46 -0600

I was wondering if anyone has experience using Zope and Jetspeed? I have a
Jetspeed portal and it is time to add some content to a hand full of
portlets. I am looking for information on whether or not it can be done or
even if it is practical.

As a quick experiment, I used an IFrame portal and run the Zope Management
Interface. When I log on to the portal and the IFrame initializes, I am also
prompted to input the userid and password for the ZMI. Is there any way to
implement a Single Sign On so that the ZMI uses the already authenticated
Jetspeed userid and password? If I develop a Zope application with a catalog
and some folders containing a set of documents, the user would be prompted
when the particular portlet starts up with the Zope application. Comments
are very much appreciated. TIA.

John Wubbel