[Zope] cloning from a zclass

Jorg E. Rødsjø jorgelr@stud.ntnu.no
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:13:25 +0100

I am trying to copy(clone) a DTML-method from a zclass into an instance of
the same class. That is to say i have a Product A, with a zclass B. And in
this zclass B a dmtl-method C resides.

In a subfolder in an instance of this zclass D, I want to copy(clone) the
dtml-method C. So, in a dtml-method inside the instance D, I have the
following code:

context.subfolderName.manage_clone(container.foo,'foo.html')

But all I get is:

The action against the foo object could not be carried out. One of
the following constraints caused the problem:

The object does not support this operation.

-- OR --

The currently logged-in user does not have the Copy or Move permission
respective to the object.

I am sure the user has the permission to do this, but I am unsure if some
of the involved parties (methods that is) need some kind of special
permission. Or if this is just impossible? Or am I really lost?

thanks
Jorg

--
Jorg E. Rødsjø       "Stand back Amigo, this is a job for..
elsewhere.dhs.org     THE ANTI-CHRIST!" -Pepito