[Zope] 3 of 4 Zope threads hanging - how to find culprit?

Gilles gilles.lavaux@esrin.esa.it
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:10:02 -0600

Hello,

Try to use 7 threads  ;-)

Gilles
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dario Lopez-K=E4sten" <dario@ita.chalmers.se>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 7:45 AM
Subject: [Zope] 3 of 4 Zope threads hanging - how to find culprit?

Hello,

I am experiencing 3 of 4 of Zopes threads hanging and only being released=
 by
restarting Zope. The threads have been hanging up to more than 78 000
seconds before we restarted the application.

We use DCOracle2 all the time, several SQL-queries for each request. Due =
the natuerw of the underlying SQL the response from the database can tale=
 up
to 15 seconds to complete, and requests get stacked waiting for the repso=
nse
from the database server.

This leads to the situation that only 1 Zope-thread responds to requests.
There is no difference in the queries executed by each thread.

Any advice in how to prevent threads from locking up is appreciated, as w=
ell
as advice on how to find out why the threads lockup.

Zope 2-5-1, RedHat 7.2

DCO2 is not the latest release, but from somwhere this summer (fromCVS).

Thanks,

/dario

Dario Lopez-K=E4sten, IT Systems & Services Chalmers University of Tech.