[Zope] Problems zope/debian

Fraser Campbell fraser@wehave.net
26 Feb 2003 20:44:56 -0500

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 08:15, Jim Washington wrote:

> It's permissions, though I am finding it to be a bit of a head-scratcher.
>
> To get running again, I had to set the owner of the /var/lib/zope/var
> directory and contents to root:www-data, and set the sticky bit (chmod
> o+t /var/lib/zope/var).  But packing is still forbidden with this
> set-up. I presume Gregor and others will figure this out soon.

Since zope is running as the www-data user the directory must be
writeable by that user (or at least their group).  Your directory
probably isn't group writeable, try "chmod 1775 /var/lib/zope/var" ...
it worked for me.

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser@wehave.net>                http://wehave.net/
Brampton, Ontario, Canada                   Linux 2.4.20 AuthenticAMD