[Zope] weird sessionsing bug..

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 19:44:34 +0100

Hello Chris,

> This appears to be a BTrees bug.  It appears that a BTree is lying about
> its keys.  I "fixed" an earlier instance of this problem for Zope
> 2.6.1b1, but there are other cases where it shows up as well.

Thanks. I expected it to be something like this, but it is nice to get
it verified from an authority ;)

> If you're brave, please obtain the latest version of the "Transience"
> product from http://cvs.zope.org/Products/Transience/ and install it on
> top of the one you've got.  I just made a few changes that further work
> around this problem.  This might prevent the particular error you're
> seeing.

Sounds great ! :D  - I really cannot afford to be very brave with this
particular Zope instance, but i'll install it on one of my
dev-Zopes and see how it acts under load.. Any particular ways to
reproduce these kinds of bugs ?

Thanks a lot, Chris..
:)

--