[Zope] External Methods - Weirdness between two installations of Zope

Edward Pollard pollej@uleth.ca
Thu, 09 Jan 2003 13:44:30 -0700

So we have a "test" and "production" installation of Zope 2.6. I'm
experiencing some very interesting wierdness with external methods on
the two systems. Now, I didn't play an integral role to the setup of
these services, so the answer may be a simple configuration option I'm
unawares of and my tech people are too ambivalent to care about

Anyway, I've developed a small application on the test environment that
has many external methods. I would often be editing the scripts in a
telnet session and then reloading pages to see the new results. No
problem.

I copy over the product to the production environment - I exported over
the zope objects and copied the .py file to the other Extensions folder
- and there are a few small bugs to work out. But on THIS instance of
zope, changes to the external method are not reflected unless I go into
the method object in the ZMI and click "save changes".

This stikes me as very unusual. Any advice?

Edward Pollard
Web Programmer Guy, University of Lethbridge