[Zope] How to avoid the recording of a transaction? (that causes Undo weirdness)

Ausum. ausum_studio@hotmail.com
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 11:09:30 -0500

I'm currently writing a product for the ZMI, that pops up a DHTML menu with
links to the recent objects we have edited. It works perfectly fine except
for the fact that, due to the product records a hit everytime an object is
visited/rendered (in order to show only the links of the most used ones),
no undo for that object will be possible because that transaction will be
added on top of the regular ones, always. The common error message will say
"No undo was possible because a later transaction may have modified the
data."

Of course I can see that if I ask Zope to record a hit in one product
object everytime any other object is viewed, I must expect that that
recording was considered a transaction, but in this case that seems to be a
problem. Is there a way to avoid that transaction recording and allow Zope
to blindly perfom changes to the ZODB?

Thanks in advance,

Ausum