[Zope] weird sessionsing bug..

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 19:12:09 -0500

The transience implementation is very different in 2.5.1 and in 2.6...
many problems have been fixed in 2.6, but obviously a few remain.  I
would be happy to apply your changes to the 2.5 branch, although of
course no more releases will be made..

Dieter wrote:

I have recently (2002-12-28) seen similar problems in our
Zope 2.5.1 installation.

"Transience" seems to get its "index" and "bucket" information
inconsistent. I expect this is caused by a buggy
application specific conflict resolution.

I thought that the problem were fixed in Zope 2.6.
But your report suggests, this is not the case.

I have a patch for 2.5.1 that is able to handle the inconsistencies
gracefully. Let me know when you are interested.

Dieter