[Zope] RE: Zope and MySQL on Windows

Deb B. intranetdeb@yahoo.com
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 06:59:00 -0800 (PST)

--0-1685867326-1042210740=:2066

Thanks for your response Chris. I would appreciate ANY assistance with the installation of these products. I've had them downloaded for quite a while but because I'm no programmer I couldn't figure out how to install them on Windows with express instructions...which the author didn't provide. Do you or anyone else have instructions for installing on Windows which is geared toward the non-programmer? I can figure most things out myself, but this one eluded me....
Thanks for any help you/anyone can offer.
 Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com> wrote:Deb B. wrote:
> I installed the myODBC from mysql.com because I couldn't get any of
> the ZMySQLDA/MySQLdb products to work on any version of Windows
> (obviously it favors the Unix/Linux environment).

Nah, you should be using mysql-python and MySQLDA, both available from:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-python

I've had them both working fine on windows so if you run into problems I may be
able to help...

> Well, Windows is
> what I'm stuck with now.

unlucky ;-)

This is horrible, please think about using ZPT and Python Scripts. It's a shame
you're lumbered with DTML for ZSQL Methods, but maybe one day someone will have
that for the better!

cheers,

Chris