[Zope] Re: manager can, proxy role manager cannot

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:24:24 +0100

Lee Harr wrote:
>> Hmm... this is strange. I can proxy as Manager or Anonymous,
>> but if I try to set Proxy Roles to Owner, I get:
>>
>> You are not authorized to change add2 because you do not have proxy
>> >roles.
>

> I am able to set Proxy Roles to Owner on a DTML-Method, so I
> made a wrapper which calls my Python Script. It still asks
> for authentication or else gives the same error.

I fear this doesn't help, since IIRC zope uses the intersection of roles
(rights?) w.r.t proxy roles.
But I remember having the same error ("...you do not have proxy roles.")
in some context, unfortunately I down't know how we solved it, maybe
someone else can step in?

Last try: Is the user as which you try to set the proxy role owner of
that python script? If not, make him the owner and try again.

cheers,
oliver