[Zope] Newbie: How to run CGI scripts outside Zope

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 10:55:26 -0600

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 11:56:13PM +0800, Alfredo P. Ricafort wrote:

> Now, when I set my URL to www.mydomain.com/nagios, I get an error.
> So can anyone tell me how to inform Zope to ignore this path and let
> Apache handle it?

You don't tell Zope anything. You tell Apache that /nagios should be
handled internally, and that other things (perhaps even including
everything else under /) should go to Zope.

I've got examples of this at
http://www.zope.org/Members/mwr/VHosts_With_Zope_Default -- a similar
set I use at home including aliased directories and CGIs would be
something like:

  ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailman
  Alias /pipermail/ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/
  <Directory /var/lib/mailman/archives/public>
    Options FollowSymLinks
  </Directory>
  <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteLog "/var/log/apache/rewrite_log"
    RewriteLogLevel 1
    RewriteRule ^/pipermail/ - [L]
    RewriteRule ^/cgi-bin/ - [L]
    RewriteRule ^/mailman/ - [L]
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^.*:80$
    RewriteRule ^/(.*) \
    http://127.0.0.1:9673/VirtualHostBase/http/%{HTTP_HOST}:80/$1 [L,P]
  </IfModule>

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu