[Zope] Cannot process SOAP requests

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 20:17:34 +0100

Ed Leafe wrote at 2003-1-12 10:24 -0500:
 > 	I'm trying to implement a simple handler for SOAP requests. This is
 > for an interface required by a client, so the choice of SOAP over
 > XML-RPC, etc., is nothing I can change.
 >
 > 	In order to figure out the way that such a request would be formatted,
 > ... debugging output of REQUEST ...
 > 	There is nothing listed under the "form" section - that's where the
 > XML request should be, right?
Zope does not yet support SOAP.

  Especially, it does not decode SOAP parameters for you and
  puts them in "form".

  You must do your own SOAP parsing.

Some time ago, difficulties have been reported (--> archive)
for the handling of POST requests with "text/xml" content type.
They are interpreted as XML-RPC calls, although, they may not be
meant this way.

Dieter