[Zope] How can you tell it's XMLRPC ?

toman toman@marge.cyber-dyne.com
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 09:35:20 -0800

Is there a way to distinguish whether a request was made from a browser
(no, not a particular browser) or from XMLRPC ? I would like to be able
to tailor my responses to rpc requests so that I don't get a whole web
page sent back when a value would do. Particularly, object creation code
usually refers back to the management page of it's container, which
isn't the response I want for rpc, success or failure would be preferable.

Also, when Zope has a fault on XMLRPC, should it be sending back
that big 'Zope Error....' message, according to the XMLRPC spec?

						J. Toman